Sherlock Holmes is a fictional detective based in London, created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
He was based at the fictional address of 221B Baker Street. There is a museum dedicated to him at 239 Baker Street, while there is a statue outside Baker Street Station. The Sherlock Holmes Pub on Northumberland Street, near Trafalgar Square, houses a recreation of the 221b sitting room and a collection of memorabilia originally exhibited at the 1951 Festival of Britain.
There are a number of Sherlock Holmes societies
A popular pastime with Sherlock Holmes fans is visiting the many locations in London that have been used as filming locations in various Sherlock Holmes adaptations.
Sherlock (2010, BBC)Edit
- 187 North Gower Street, Camden - this serves as Baker Street in the series and is also the location of Speedy's Cafe, which keeps its real name in the show.
- St. Bart's Hospital - this is the site of the first meeting of Sherlock Holmes and John Watson, both in Sherlock and in the original stories.
- Russell Square Gardens, Camden - this is where they filmed the meeting of John Watson and Mike Stamford, who introduces John to Sherlock.
Sherlock Holmes in the wikiverseEdit
There are several wikis dedicated to different aspects of Sherlock Holmes. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Baker Street Wiki is dedicated to providing detailed information on all aspects of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes, from the original short stories and novels to the latest adaptations.
- Sherlock Holmes Wiki ; ; ; 
- Elementary Wiki (for the CBS series) 
- Sherlokipedia 
- In Dutch 
- In German 
- In Polish  and 
- In Spanish