A local government district in Surrey 1882-1965.
- 20 December 1882 Sutton Local Government District formed.
- 1894 Sutton Urban District formed.
- 1928 Urban district expanded to take in Cheam from Epsom Rural District to form Sutton and Cheam Urban District.
- 1934 Became a municipal borough.
- 1965 Borough abolished and transferred to Greater London, along with the Carshalton Urban District and the Municipal Borough of Beddington and Wallington, to form the present-day London Borough of Sutton.
The Wikipedia page is at 
See also List of Mayors of Sutton and Cheam