Ernest Charles Sherwood (1881 -24 January 1952) was a postman and local politician in the Deptford area.
In 1938-1939 he was mayor of Deptford. During the Second World War the London County Council was given the power to fill casual vacancies by co-option, and in November 1942 Sherwood was appointed on the death of a sitting councillor for Deptford.
- ↑  Mayors of Deptford
- ↑ W Eric Jackson, Achievement. A Short History of the London County Council., Longmans, 1965, p.280
- ↑ The New L.C.C. Labour Gains In A Low Poll, The Times, 9 March 1946, p. 2
- ↑ L.C.C. Budget Of £47,255,165. Rate Increased to 8s.6d, The Times, 12 March 1947, p.2
- ↑ L.C.C. Polling. Detailed Results, The Times, 9 April 1949, p.6
- ↑ Register of Deaths, Greenwich District, Vol.5c, p.646